Click below for additional information on services Save-A-Life provides.
Animals adopted 1967-2020
Discount Spay/Neuter Vouchers 1967-2020
Frequently Asked Questions:
What should I do if my pet swallows something poisonous?
If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call the ANIMAL POISON HOTLINE (888) 426-4435
Sponsored by the ASPCA, this line is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (Note: A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card). For more information, go to: http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control
What should I do if I find a lost pet?
Please go to our Lost and Found page. If an owner is not found, you can adopt the pet out through our Pet Placement Program.
Where online can I go for further information regarding my pet’s health care and medication?
Your first and best source is the veterinarian who cares for your pet. Having said that, there are numerous resources online. Just be sure you are using a reputable site.
Here are some sites to get you started:
I am getting a new pet for the first time. What do I need to know?
Your first and best source is the veterinarian who cares for your pet. You can also check out some of these sites:
- ASPCA http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist
- WebMD (dogs) http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/guide/behavior-training
- ASPCA (older dogs) http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/dog-behavior/behavior-problems-older-dogs
- Animal Planet (dogs) http://www.animalplanet.com/pets/dog-behavioral-problems.htm
- WebMD (cats) http://pets.webmd.com/cats/guide/rules-solving-pet-behavior-problems
- Animal Planet (cats) http://www.animalplanet.com/pets/how-to-solve-cat-behavior-problems.htm